CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 15, 2009

Sloppy Daddies

I'm going to start posting some of my family's favorite recipes on here. I love to get new recipes because it gets pretty boring eating the same things all the time. I hope you'll try some of these for your family, too.

Sloppy Daddies (sloppy joes)

There are a hundred recipes out there for sloppy joes, but this one is by far our favorite. My kids would eat this everyday if they could. And sometimes I'm tempted to make it that often because fruit roll-ups and Cheetos don't carry much nutritional value.

Emma started calling them Sloppy Daddies because her dad's name is Joe....get it?!?!?!

Sloppy Daddies (from allrecipes.com)

2 lbs ground beef

1/2 cup chopped onion (I just used minced onion)

1 cup chopped celery (optional. . .I've never used it)

1 can condensed tomato soup

1/4 cup ketchup

1 Tablespoon white vinegar

1/4 cup packed brown sugar

1 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

1. Brown ground beef. Season with minced onion, salt and pepper. Drain grease.

2. Stir in all other ingredients. Heat to simmer over low heat, and cook until thoroughly heated.

3. Spoon onto buns.

Larson kids give it 3 Thumbs Up!

4 comments:

anna said...

the other night, we had sloppy joes, and i told jacob what you guys call them. he thought i came up with that! of course, i let him think that.
i like that luke is throwing out a gang sign. L for loomis larsons, yo.

Wendi said...

great idea...i love new recipes!! good thing i didn't know you guys were looking for a dog...i would've dropped one off on your doorstep months ago :) we currently have three (yes, we are white trash) and need to find homes for two of them before we move...i'm only taking one with!!

Allikaye's Mama said...

Yummo!!! Keep posting...my recipe blog has been dry and sad...pick up the family recipe slack for me!

Kindra said...

I love the recipe idea. I am going to try them!